Should we buy an existing home? Or should we build our own new home? Many struggle with the pros and cons of these two options. Building a new home has its advantages. The following are seven key advantages to consider:
- Custom Design. Building a new home allows you to design a house that suits your needs and lifestyle. You can choose everything from colours and finishings to room styles. You’re only limited by your budget and imagination.
- Location. It’s often difficult to find the right home in the right community. When you build, you can choose your land in the area in which you want to live, and then build the home of your dreams.
- Energy Efficiency. Older homes may not be as energy efficient as a new home. Today’s homes have a more comfortable living environment thanks to advances in windows and insulation, and state-of-the-art heating and air conditioning systems.
- Environmentally Responsible Products. Manufacturers are continually working to make their products and systems more appealing to today’s environmentally conscious customer.
- Safety. New homes boast many products and features that ensure your family has a safe environment.
- Less Maintenance. While it is true that any house requires routine maintenance, older homes are likely to need more work than new houses. With a new home, you are protected by the builder’s warranty. New appliances also have warranty periods.
- Tarion Warranty Program. In Ontario, builders must be registered with Tarion. Tarion is a private corporation that protects the rights of new home buyers and regulates new home builders.